Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

End Of A Quiet Year

| Working | November 27, 2014

(My coworker, Coworker #1, has been working here for a year. One day I arrive to work and I find her and Coworker #2, who’s been working here for seven years, very upset.)

Coworker #1: *crying and hiccupping*

Me: “What happened?!”

Coworker #2: “Some old people were really nasty to us about the food here. They yelled and screamed at [Coworker #1]. I came to stop them, but they only screamed harder.”

Me: “Oh.” *sympathetic*

Coworker #1: *hysterically* “I couldn’t believe how nasty they were! I never thought people in real life would be like this!”

Me: “But, weren’t you here for a year, now?”

Coworker #1: “Yeah.”

Me: “And you never got yelled at by a rude customer?”

Coworker #1: “Never ever. Ever!”

Coworker #2: “I’ve gotten yelled at, but this one was the worst.”

Me: “The first time I’ve gotten yelled at by a nasty customer was only two weeks after I started here!”

Coworker #2: “Mine, too.”

Coworker #1: “You mean… you guys get yelled at all the time?! For things… that aren’t your fault?! What is this?!”

Me: “I’m more surprised that you haven’t been, and you’ve been here a year already!”

(Coworker #1 left to go throw up in the bathroom, she was so freaked out and upset. Management threw out the rude customers and Coworker #1 handed in her resignation shortly after that.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!