Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Email Fail: The Golden Years

| Right | May 20, 2017

(I work at a call center and as such take inbound calls for customers and sometimes former customers with concerns about their services.)

Me: “Thank you for contacting [Company]. My name is [My Name]; how may I help you?”

Customer: “My name is [Customer] and I’m a former customer. I moved to Florida and had to cancel my services because you don’t offer your services here!”

Me: “Well, I’m sorry we are not in your area. How may I help you today?”

Customer: “I went online today and I can’t access my email!”

Me: “You can’t access your email?”

Customer: “Yes, I can’t access my email!”

Me: “Sir, you canceled services. You’re not going to be able to access them any longer.”

Customer: “Why not?!”

Me: “Because you canceled the services, sir.”

Customer: “No one told me that! I’ve have emails and items I need access too!”

Me: “I apologize, sir, but that is not possible since you canceled the services.”

Customer: “I’m 73 years old. Someone should have told me that I would not be able to use my email!”

Me: “Sir, you called and ask us to disconnect your services. You’ve also moved out of our service area. If you are no longer a customer and no longer paying for the services then of course you’re not going to have access to the services!”

Customer: *click*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!