Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Doing The Donut Strut

| Working | March 10, 2016

(I brought doughnuts to the office. I made a note on the box that one particular doughnut had been set aside for a specific individual, but the rest were up for grabs.)

Coworker #1: “What is this? Why does [Coworker #2] get her own special doughnut?”

Me: “She specifically asked for that. I didn’t know what everyone else liked, so I brought an assortment for us to choose from.”

Coworker #1: *now pouting* “But that’s the only doughnut that looks good!”

Me: “I’m sorry. Next time I get doughnuts, I’ll make sure that I get you one of those as well, but today it’s just for [Coworker #2]. I’m sure one of the other eleven doughnuts would be just as good. This shop is known for their delicious doughnuts!”

Coworker #1: “Hmph.”

(Coworker #1 proceeded to take a bite out of a doughnut, loudly declared that she didn’t like it, and put the remainder of the doughnut out on the table. I left it there, and not unlike a small toddler, she returned to finish her food after her “audience” left and stopped paying attention to her.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!