Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Doesn’t Leave You In The Dark With The Details

| Learning | July 28, 2015

(I have an English teacher who gives us creative writing prompts on the weekends as extra credit. She is incredibly open minded and doesn’t seem to mind my morbid and sometimes disturbing sense of humor and dark subject matter that turned up frequently in my assignments. My most recent story has involved such lovely topics as murder and implied cannibalism and had a serial killer protagonist, all played for very dark and disturbing laughs. Most of us are done with the day’s work, so we are having a discussion with her.)

Teacher: “I love how much I can learn about you all from your creative writing assignments. For example, [Classmate #1] likes horses, so she often writes a horse into her stories.”

Classmate #1: “I’ve been thinking about branching into ducks. I really like ducks too.”

Classmate #2: “What did you learn about me from my assignment?”

Teacher: “Well, I know that you like to play football with your uncle. I also learned that [Classmate #3] likes to write romance and fantasy but doesn’t like writing sad stories.”

Me: “What did you learn from my assignment?”

Teacher: “To run from you in dark alleys.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!