Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Doesn’t Have The Drive To Work

| Working | September 23, 2016

(My assistant is working one of our three locations for the day, and has driven there in the work vehicle. They are notorious for working incredibly slowly, and have exhibited suspicious behaviours regarding their time management when not being supervised. On this day they showed up at my location 40 minutes before the end of the work day.)

Me: “[Assistant], hi! What are you doing back so early?”

Assistant: “Oh, we finished at [Location #1] early today. I just dropped [Coworkers] off at [Location #2].”

Me: “Ok, cool. Are you leaving early today? Or are you finishing the day here at [Location #3]?”

Assistant: “Oh, no, I’m going back to [Location #2]. I just figured I would drop the work vehicle off here and then walk to [Location #2] so that I can catch the bus right at the end of the day.”

Me: “Wait, you’re walking back to [Location #2]? But that’s a 30 minute walk… and there’s only 40 minutes left in the day.”

Assistant: “Yup! But I can make it there in time.”

Me: “…in time to clean up. Take the work vehicle and drive there instead.”

Assistant: *looks disappointed* “But how will I get it back here at the end of the day?”

Me: “Drive it back here.”

Assistant: *looking even more disappointed*

Me: “Look, if you walk there you will only be able to work for 5-10 minutes. If you drive you can work for 30+ minutes. Take the work vehicle and get moving. You’re running out of time and they need your help over there.”

Assistant: *visibly deflates, shuffles over to vehicle key, and literally takes 10 minutes to walk down to the work vehicle*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!