Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Some Consideration Would Be The Bomb

| Working | September 22, 2016

(I run a key shop as a leased business to a major department store. The shop is actually located in a storefront that was carved out of the side of the auto center. Customer access is only from outside as you would have to walk the length of the shop area from the auto center sales floor to the back door of the key shop. Needless to say we do not have a lot of interaction with the auto center employees, but on the other hand we have been there for 30 years. Three firemen in full gear walk into the shop.)

Me: “Hi, may I help you?”

Fireman: “What the heck are you doing in here?”

Me: “Well, I work here. Do you need some keys?”

Fireman: “No, why are you here now?!”

Me: “It is normal business hours. Someone has to be here.”

Fireman: “This building has been evacuated.”

Me: “Obviously not, since I am still here.”

Fireman: “A report of a bomb was made for this location. GET OUT NOW!”

(I leave and walk around to the front of the building where I see all the employees of the auto center across the street. I join them and talk to the manager.)

Me: “What is going on?”

Manager: “Bomb threat; we had to evacuate. Probably false and we can go back in soon.”

Me: “Well, what about me? Why did you not tell me?”

Manager: “We yelled the order to evacuate in the sales floor and at the door to the shop and everyone left.”

Me: “So you expected me to hear it at the far end of a 300 foot noisy auto shop and through a cinderblock wall and steel door and didn’t check?”

Manager: “What are you saying?”

Me: “I am saying that if a real bomb had gone off I would be dead now.”

Manager: “Well, maybe we will send someone down there next time.”

Me: “Yeah, me being alive would be appreciated.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!