Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Deceitful Drinking

, | Right | January 30, 2017

(I work at a fast food restaurant drive-thru and am taking a customer’s order.)

Customer: “I would like a number three with a [Soda #1] to drink.”

Me: “A number three with a [Soda #1]. Can I get you anything else, sir?”

Customer: “No, thanks.”

Me: “Okay, your total will be $7 at the next drive-thru window. Thank you!”

(The customer pulls up to the window and pays for his order. I hand him his drink.)

Customer: “I wanted a [Soda #2], not a [Soda #1].”

Me: *confused* “Oh, I’m sorry about that. I’ll remake that for you, sir.”

(I go to remake the drink and notice the customer hasn’t given the Soda #1 back to me.)

Me: “I need the [Soda #1] back, sir.”

Customer: “Huh? What [Soda #1]?”

Me: *annoyed* “The [Soda #1] I just gave to you a few seconds ago.”

(The customer reluctantly hands the Soda #1 back to me.)

Customer: “Are you going to throw that out?”

Me: “Yes, it’s our standard policy.”

Customer: “Well, you should just let me have it if you’re going to throw it out. That’s just wasteful.”

Me: “Sir, if this was an honest mistake, I would let you keep the drink free of charge, but you intentionally tried to deceive me to get a free drink. I’m afraid you won’t be getting a free drink today, sir.”

(The customer was silent for the rest of the transaction. Unsurprisingly, I never saw him again.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!