Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Changing Rooms, Not Genders

| Working | June 23, 2014

(I’m a 16-year-old girl. While I have short hair and rather small breasts I wouldn’t say I look particularly masculine, especially when I’m wearing skinny jeans and a tight top. This happens when I’m standing in line waiting to go into the changing room to try on some bras. I have four or five different styles clearly in my hands.)

Assistant: “Sir? The male changing rooms are almost empty. You can go in.”

Me: *assumes she’s talking to someone else, and ignores her*

Assistant: “Excuse me, sir? You can go in.”

Me: *still thinks she’s talking to someone else*

Assistant: *taps me on the shoulder sharply* “Hey, I’m talking to you! The male changing rooms are free.”

Me: “Okay, thanks, but I’m going into the female ones.”

Assistant: “You can’t go in there! That’s for women!”

Me: “I hope so, being a teenage girl looking for a new bra.” *holds up my items*

Assistant: *shocked face* “Oh, uh, I need to attend to someone…” *walks away quickly*

Customer Behind Me: “I wonder what she thought you were going to do with those?!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!