Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Bundled Up Trouble

| Working | October 26, 2015

(At the store I work at, if something is part of a bundle, the managers will stack things on top of each other, secure them with a rubber band so no one picks up each individual item separately, and then advertise a price for the whole set. One day a customer brings up a printer that has paper and ink rubber-banded to it, and they tell me the price that they saw it for. I scan the barcodes of each individual item, thinking they will bundle out like they always do, but they don’t. I’ve tried voiding and re-ringing the items several times, to no avail. Finally, I call my boss over:)

Me: “Hey [Boss], this isn’t bundling out when I scan in all the items.”

Boss: “That’s because it’s not part of a bundle.”

Me: “Yeah, it is. It’s all rubber-banded together, and it’s listed over on the shelf for [price].”

Boss: “No, it’s not a bundle. Just the printer is that price. We just included the ink and paper because we thought they would need some of that too when they bought their printer.”

Customer: “Oh, well if that’s not a bundle price, then I don’t want it.”

Me: “Okay, sorry about that.” *I void the transaction*

(Some time later, another customer comes up to my register with the same bundle, and I have to explain to them that it’s not a bundle. They ask to speak to my manager, and I call my boss over again.)

Customer: “This isn’t a bundle?”

Boss: “No, you have to buy everything separately.”

Customer: “Then I just want the printer.”

Me: “Okay.” *I ring them up for the printer individually, which comes up at the correct price*

(After getting about four or five customers with this printer bundle issue, I finally turn to my boss, who has come back out of the office after doing some tasks.)

Me: “If it’s not a bundle, can we not rubber-band it all together?”

(He just looked at me and went over to fix the display.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!