Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Brace Yourself For A Long Wait

| Working | September 22, 2015

(I am 13-years old and getting a check up on my braces. The orthodontist is from out-of-town and only comes in two days a week. He has been beating around the bush for a while on when I can get the braces off, but he finally tells me that it’s time to remove them. My mother goes to make an appointment with the receptionist.)

Mom: “Hi there! Dr. [Orthodontist] said [My Name] can finally get the braces off!”

Receptionist: *typing on her computer* “Yes, I heard.”

Mom: “So… when can we make that appointment for?”

Receptionist: “Mm. I don’t know. Dr. [Orthodontist] is booked for the next few months.”

Mom: “Excuse me? I thought that he would have some time open to make this appointment… that he just recommended.”

Receptionist: “Well, it looks like there’s some time in the schedule for [a date three months from now]. It might not be enough time to remove the braces, though. That’s quite a long procedure.”

Mom: “Woah! That’s a long way off! Are you sure you don’t have anything sooner?”

Receptionist: *glaring at Mom* “Dr. [Orthodontist] is very busy. He’s doing this town a huge favor by coming up here, out of the goodness of his heart. You should be grateful that he can make time for you at all.”

Mom: *speechless*

(We took the appointment with the understanding that we would be at the top of the wait list for an earlier one. I got the braces off only a month later, but my mom still laughs about “the goodness of the orthodontist’s heart.”)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!