Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Both Are Fulfilling Their Calling

| Working | August 4, 2014

(We’ve been getting calls from a rather pushy collector regarding the boss’ daughter’s cell phone bill, to the point where we hang up on him the moment we recognize who it is. This time I answer the phone.)

Caller: “I called yesterday wanting to speak to [Boss’ Daughter] but the person who answered didn’t know what she was talking about. I demand to speak to her immediately.”

Me: “Sorry about that, but [Boss’ Daughter] is not in right now.”

Caller: *getting pushier* “At what time can I find her.”

Me: “Not sure. I think she is out of the city.”

Caller: *even pushier* “Then transfer me to someone who knows.”

Me: “I can transfer you to anyone else here, and they will all tell you the same thing. She is not in, and we don’t know if or when she will be back.”

(This same particular conversation goes on for a bit: he demanding I transfer him to someone else, or to speak with the boss’ daughter directly, and me refusing to transfer him as everyone else is tired of dealing with him at this point.)

Caller: *getting exasperated* “Can you at least transfer me whoever is in charge of the bills?”

Me: “Again, sorry, but she called in and won’t be in today.”

Caller: *threatening* “Well, I’ll just keep calling until you transfer me to [Boss’ Daughter].”

Me: *suddenly cheery* “That’s cool. One of my duties is answering the phone.”

Caller: “Yeah, well one of my duties is to keep calling, even if you guys keep hanging up on me.”

Me: “Cool, we both keep on calling and answering the phone which is what we get paid to do.”

Caller: “Don’t you have other things to do?”

Me: “Well, I can do both my regular work and answer the phone at the same time, so it’s a win-win for me.”

Caller: “Uh… well, let [Boss’ Daughter] know we called and that we are expecting her payment.”

Me: “Sure thing! I’ll let her know you guys called as soon as she gets in. Goodbye.”

(The caller hangs up for good.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!