Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Really Asking For It

| Working | August 5, 2014

(At my work we have customer loyalty cards. We are supposed to ask for the card for each transaction and then offer to join customers up if they don’t have one. I have just taken money from a customer, when the manager pulls me up.)

Manager: “[My Name], you are supposed to ask for [Member] card.”

Me: *holding up the customer’s card* “She already gave it to me.”

Manager:  “Hmph, so you are safe this time but I didn’t hear you ask for the last two transactions either. I’d be in my rights to give you a warning about those. You didn’t ask for them to join up, either.”

Me: “Both of those customers also had their cards ready.”

Manager:  “Well, I DIDN’T hear you ask. You have to ask for every transaction.”

Me:  “So, I am still supposed to ask if they have a card, even when I already have the card in my hand?”

Manager:  “Well, I didn’t hear you ask.”

Me: “You check my last few transactions on the computer and I think you will find that each have the customer’s name against them.”

Manager: “Okay. I’ll let it go, but remember in the future to make sure you ask.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!