Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Body Of Lies

| Right | January 18, 2014

(I work in the ‘special collections’ department for the local authority. My job is to cover the reception area and take any orders for special collections over the counter. Usually people come in to get things such as TVs, furniture, and such uplifted.)

Customer: “Hi. Is this the right office for booking a collection?”

Me: “Yes. How many items do you need uplifted?”

Customer: “Just one.”

Me: “Okay, no problem. Is this for a business a personal residence?”

Customer: “Personal Residence.” *leans closer to me over the counter in a creepy manner* “Is there any way this can be done discreetly?”

Me: “What do you mean?”

Customer: “I mean, can you not record my details. Can I just have the uplift, and pay extra to not have my details logged?”

Me: “Um… No, not really. That’s not how we do it. We have to record your details. Now, what do you need uplifted?”

Customer: “A dead body.”

(We stare at each other in silence whilst I have the biggest mental panic attack ever. A few seconds pass before the customer bursts out laughing.)

Customer: “I am so sorry. I’m just messing with you. You’re face was priceless! I have ALWAYS wanted to do that!”

(The customer left, still laughing, while I stood there with my mouth hanging open in complete shock and amusement.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!