Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Be A Man, Woman!

| Related | March 30, 2015

(I’m a geeky and very tomboyish teenager, which my family despises, since they think girls shouldn’t act like boys. I’m talking to my younger sister, who’s very girlish, while listening to music. While we’re chatting, the song changes to ‘I’ll Make a Man Out of You’ from ‘Mulan.’)

Me: *sings along* “Be a man! You must be swift as a coursing river! Be a man! With all the force of a great typhoon!”

(I proceed to imitate the martial arts done in the song from the movie, but wind up accidentally hitting my sister lightly on the arm.)

Sister: “OW! Oh, my god, you, like, broke my arm!”

Me: “Dude, you’re fine.” *jokingly* “Be a man!”

Sister: “I’m a girl, not a man, and that means that I get hurt more easily, so I can complain as much as I want.”

Me: *changing the lyrics* “You’re not suited for the rage of fun; so shut up, sit down, you’re through! How could I make a man out of you?”

Sister: “I DON’T WANNA BE A MAN!”

Me: “What is so wrong with being manly?!”

Sister: “Girls aren’t allowed to be manly!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!