Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Allow Me To Mansplain

| Right | May 5, 2017

(The store where I work has a membership card which allows you to take advantage of our special offers. It’s Christmas, and we’re having a special sale with 25% off the entire purchase if you have the club card with you, or sign up as a member at the checkout. It’s been a stressful day and the queue is stretching out almost over the entire shop. A man comes up to the till with an entire shopping cart full of clothes.)

Me: “Hello, welcome to [Store]! Do you have a club card?”

Man: *in a very condescending tone* “Ha! No, I do not! Those are for women.”

Me: “Oh… right. You do know that, with the club card, you get 25% off your entire purchase? You’re buying quite a lot of stuff. It would save you a lot of money.”

Man: “D*** it, hussy, does it look like I’m wearing a skirt? Give me the full price, thank you very much; I’m a god-d*** man!”

Me: *mumbling under my breath* “…or god-d*** stupid.”

Man: “What was that now?”

Me: *smiling politely* “Here’s your receipt. Thank you for shopping at [Store] and welcome back!”

(A few days later he came back with his wife, who forced him to use the club card. I was so much more amused than he was.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!