Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Kneed To Be Tough

| Related | August 30, 2015

(My grandmother had knee surgery and was told that she could only get up for necessities. Being the stubborn mule she is, I have to babysit her to ensure she only gets up to use the restroom and nothing else, as I am there to cook for her. She keeps getting up to sweep, change the cat litter, wash dishes, etc. that are not necessities.)

Me: “What are you doing now? You’re supposed to be resting.”

Grandma: “Don’t tell me what to do. I’m older than you and I can do whatever I want if I feel like it.”

Me: “You need to be resting. Your doctor said so. All the stuff you want to do is why I’m here, so I can do them for you. If you get up one more time, I swear, I’m going to tie you down to the bed.”

Grandma: “No, you won’t.”

Me: “Do you want to try me?”

(She took one look at my face, and we didn’t have a problem after that. She even called me to help her out of bed to use the restroom. If I heard anything from her room, I would walk in to make sure she wasn’t doing something she wasn’t supposed to do.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!