Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Flash Of Inspiration

| Romantic | August 17, 2015

(I’m on the other side of the country from my fiancé, while he’s packing up our apartment to move to the city I’m currently in. He has help, but it’s a hot July day and he’s boiling and frazzled and hungry and tired. At this point, we’re Skyping as he’s going through the last minutiae in the apartment to see what I want and what can be thrown away or left behind. The help he has is both sets of parents (his and mine). My parents are taking some of our boxes to their house for temporary safekeeping because we unfortunately reserved too small of a truck.)

Fiancé: “What about this? Do you want this?” *points the camera at a very warm blanket*

Me: “Well, yeah, but not right away.”

Fiancé: “Okay, that’s going with your mom.”

(This goes on for a few minutes, with him getting more and more frazzled as my mom and his dad ask him more questions.)

Me: “Honey? Honey? Honey?” *repeating myself until he hears me*

Fiancé: “Huh?”

Me: “Can you go into the bedroom?”

Fiancé: *confused* “What for?”

Me: “Just do it. And shut the door.”

Fiancé: *still confused, but goes into the bedroom and shuts the door*

Me: *lifts my shirt and flashes him*

Fiancé: *gets a big goofy grin on his face*

Me: “Feel better?”

Fiancé: *grinning* “A bit.”

Me: *fixes shirt* “Good.”

(We finished up sorting through what was left and then we got off Skype so they could clean the apartment and leave.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!