Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #67434

Unfiltered | January 30, 2017

(I was in the doctor’s waiting room and witnessed the following, having come in after… something clearly went down between LOL (Little Old Lady) and the receptionist behind a sliding window.)

LOL (on phone): I don’t know why it didn’t work, but you need to call them and tell them it’s fine. … I know, but I don’t think this little girl here knows what she’s doing. Plus, she was terribly rude to me about it. Just call and tell them it’s fine. (hangs up)

OG (Older Gentleman, another patient in the waiting room): If the computer says you’re not active, there’s nothing she can do about it. She didn’t do anything wrong. No need to be rude.

LOL: I’m rude? She’s the one who didn’t know what she’s doing! I’ll have you know I’ve been coming to Dr. So-and-So for fifteen years…

OG: She wasn’t rude to you. You snapped at her for no reason. You’re the one being rude, ruining my whole day with this craziness.

QL (Quiet Lady on the other side of the waiting room): He’s right. I’m a witness. She was perfectly polite.

LOL: You don’t even know.

OG: We were sitting right here. You’re not exactly quiet.

QL: We heard and saw everything.

LOL (cutting both of them off): MY SON-IN-LAW DOES PRESIDENTIAL PROTECTION. HE’S ON AIR FORCE ONE!

OG: He sounds important.

LOL: HE IS! SECRET SERVICE!

OG: Does he think you’re rude, too?

LOL (opens the reception sliding window, still yelling): You’d better let me back there to see Dr. So-and-So NOW, or I’m calling the police on these people!

OG: Lady, I’m a retired cop. Call them. You’ll end up the one arrested, I promise you.

LOL storms into the exam room area (where you’re generally not supposed to go without an escort or having been called back by the staff), still yelling about something the receptionist didn’t even do (according to the calm, perfectly reasonable, objective witnesses).

Me, to OG: I have to wonder how glad her son-in-law is to live on the other side of the country.

(We didn’t see her again, so I have to assume – and to the staff’s credit – they stashed her in an exam room just to keep her from causing further trouble. Not 30 seconds after she stormed into the exam room hallway, the next patient to get called back for Dr. So-and-So? OG.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!