Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #67159

Unfiltered | April 20, 2016

(I work at a big, well known retail store as what is essentially a janitor. I sometimes get asked to help customers, and if I don’t know the answer to something, or know how to do something I find someone that can. This happened while I was going around collecting trash, and get asked to help a customer get some bikes down from a rack hanging above our heads.)

Me: I’m sorry ma’am, I don’t know how to get these down, I’ll have to call someone else.

I proceed to use the radio I always have on me to ask someone to come by, but I get no reply. This is a common thing.

Me: I’m sorry, but noones answerering. It may be a few minutes before someone comes by. If they don’t, you can go to to customer service and they will be able to find someone to help you.

At this time I get a call to clean one of the bathrooms, and go leave to do that.

Later when I’m going around to get the trash again, one of the employees in the electronics area tells me that the customer I was trying to help told another employee (not the one telling me the story) that I was rude, and that I needed to get off my a**.

(Also, at this time there’s a customer looking at cell phones, trying to find something. When the electronics employee asks him if he needs help, he asks for a particular cell phone carrier that we do not carry. He then gets mad, saying that EVERY OTHER store of our kind has them, and that we shouldn’t bulls*** with our friends. Myself and the other employee look at each other)

Both of us: WTF?

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!