Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #56905

Unfiltered | August 6, 2016

My direct boss handed in his notice, unfortunately he didn’t get on with his boss (my manager) . This left me in a difficult position now directly reporting to someone who didn’t know what I did, and assumed I was like my old boss.

After multiple attempts to get in his good books, my review came around.

Manager: Ok so I have to tell you something, if you want to get in on this company you have to stop wearing your coat so often. I noticed (old boss) did that a lot as well.

Me: Err ok, I do get cold often. But if you think that is a problem I will change.

Manager: Good, and you need to be more visual, I don’t see your work.

Me: Ok that’s fine. However I need more input from you. Apart from my day to day stuff that you don’t see, I would like more support getting involved in bigger projects. I have been trying for months, but coming from you it would help.

Manager: Oh ok. Oh and your hair you need to sort your hair.

Me: I’m sorry?

Manager: Look around the office, no one here has long hair. You need to cut it.

Me: Err (manager) has long hair.

Manager: But that’s different, trust me.

(Bemused I tried all I can to get on with my manager I worked harder and longer, and kept coming back for more work all to a high standard. However he still treated me the same when it came to redundancies I was first in the list to go.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!