Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #56833

Unfiltered | May 25, 2016

(I work at a very large international retailer and grocery store, and specifically work in the back, so that I don’t have to deal with as many crazy customers as usual. But, you still get the crazies. I was pulling a pallet out onto the sales floor, into the furniture area, and see a customer and his wife)

Me: hi do you need help finding anything

Husband: no we’re…
Wife(interrupting): WHY yes! We were wondering if you had any more of this side table in stock.

(I check my phone app, and it’s not coming up)

Me: here, let me go check the back for this.

(I get to the back and lo and behold, the contractors who assemble the bikes have bolcked off the furniture aisle in the backroom. I somehow climb over all the bikes without tripping, uttering many expletives, only to find that we have none.)

Me: I checked the back room, and it seems you have the last one. And based on how the app showed the product, it seems to be a deleted item. But, you could order it online and get.it shipped here for free.

Husband: oh that sounds..
Wife (interrupting again): WHY WOULD WE ORDER IT ONLINE! YOU HAVE TWO DISPLAY MODELS OUT HERE AND ONE OF THEM ISNT SCREWED DOWN.

Me: I don’t think we can sell you the display but I’ll go get my manager.

(I run into the backroom again to get my manager, and he gets the same ‘oh s**t’ look I have, but comes out anyway)

Manager: well there seems to be a upc on the loose one, so let’s get it out.

(Turns out, it was tied down, so we cut those, and was behind another table, stuck between two couches, so it was extremely difficult to get out. And it had some scratches and a screwhole. Moral of the story: if you can’t find it, just get a manager. Words from their mouth are 100 times better than words from an associate’s mouth.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!