Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #328149

, | Unfiltered | May 6, 2024

When I was about 7 years old, our class were to go swimming together. We had been told to bring towels and bathing suits. Before leaving, me and my friends went to the bathroom, as we’d been taught to that before trips. Once we came out, the class was gone.

They left without us! Perhaps we were very slow in the bathroom, but no one even came to check on us, and we did tell the teacher. Being the ‘good girls’ we panicked. Not only did we miss something we weren’t supposed to miss, there were no adults responsible for us, we had no idea what to do.

We started hurrying through the corridors, trying to find someone, then lo and behold, my father was there. I had no idea, apparently he was arranging some things since he was on the parent council. Seeing how stressed and scared we were he said;

Dad: What is it? Weren’t you going to swim?

Me: They left without us!

Dad: What?

Me: We were on the toilet and they left. We don’t know what to do.

I don’t know if it was me or one of my friends, but someone started crying.

Dad: Come on, I have a car outside, bring your things.

Since we were four girls, we knew someone had to sit up front, in Sweden the general advice is not to have children up front, so of course that was the most exciting spot, and on the way we argued about who was going to sit there.

Dad: [My name] will sit up front, I don’t want to put any of you up front without your parents consent.

The others pouted, and instead started arguing who would sit in the middle seat in the back (as that has the best view forward), still arguing as we were getting into the car. I sat down in front.

Me: The middle seat is the most dangerous one in an accident.

Immediately they didn’t want to sit in the middle, but one took ‘the sacrifice’. So despite being forgotten, and spending time searching for help as well as arguing about seats, we arrived before the others, as they walked the whole way.

I’m just thinking, what are the odds that happened the day my father was there? And that he would be the first adult we met?

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!