Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #324600

, | Unfiltered | April 1, 2024

My parents were best friends with another couple – one of them named Hector. The four of them would hang out at each other’s houses, go out to dinner, concerts, theaters, vacations, etc. often. One summer, the four of them dropped me, my sister, and their children off at a weekend sleepaway camp. Afterward, my mom was talking to her friend about their weekend plans sans children.

Mom: …so then I was thinking heck, [Dad] and I could go to the winery and out to dinner afterward.
Friend: *awkward silent pause*…. can I come, too?
Mom: Ummm, sure. You don’t have plans this weekend?
Friend: No, but if the three of you are going, I didn’t want to be left out.
Mom: The three of us? It’s just [Dad] and me.
Friend: You said it was Hec, [Dad], and yourself.
Mom: What? No. I said it was [Dad] and me. Wait….oh! Heck! I said heck, like what the heck! Not Hec like Hector!
Friend: Ohhhh! *laughing* I was wondering why the three of you made plans without me!

It then became a running joke. Whether or not Hector was involved, it was always “Hec/Heck, [Person], and I.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!