Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #323878

| Unfiltered | March 28, 2024

I’m doing a building handover to a new company [Company X]. One of the subject is the acces control system. The handover for it has started in April with a technician from the vendor coming to set up the system for them. He was onsite the whole day as booked by the Company X’s office manager trying to migrate the program to a new server. He hit a few snags since he cannot access the new server without the help of their IT Team (due to security and whatnot). However, for reasons unknown to me, the office manager did not coordinate with the IT Team and failed to realise that they will not be onsite at all on that day. Technician then said he will talk with the office manager on what to do next and it’s not on my plate anymore.

Then, 2 months later, Company X’s IT Team decided it was the perfect time to terminate our Network connection since it’s disrupting theirs. They did not coordinate with their Office Management Team and also did not follow up on the access control system before the switch. The system went down as you would expect. What’s worse, the old office manager already resigned since the company denied her a promotion and hired a completely new person instead. She left without tying up loose ends.

A full month after the death of said system, my manager asked me to join a meeting about the system with Company X.

New office manager: I don’t know the detail about this problem. However, I understand it is my responsibility to solve it. Can you help explains how the system work?
Me: I need to explain that I was not involved in the set up, but I am the main user. *Showed them how I use the system*. The set up was done by [Technician]. In my knowledge, he was in contact with [former manager] about the next steps that needed to be done after be failed to transfer it to you. Have you been in contact with him?
IT manager: we have reached out but then we had a communication problem so there has been no more progress.
New office manager: I contacted him yesterday and he couldn’t join us in this meeting because he is scheduled with a client for the whole day. I will contact him again on Monday.

I summarised the meeting to my manager in one short paragraph “[former office manager] did not tell them anything before leaving. IT team gave up trying to contact [technician]. They’ll reach out again when they need to. I’m glad I’m not working for them.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!