Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #310341

, | Unfiltered | November 24, 2023

So, (cel phone company) was bought out by (other cel phone company), and (other company)is dropping its 3G support at the end of the year, which means I have to convert my account and replace my phone before then. And (other company) has been making this process as inconvenient and painful as possible so far.
(Note: I am resisting getting a smartphone as long as possible, because touchscreens are NOT my friend and I have screwed up my friends’ smartphones whenever they hand them to me and ask me to do something with them.)
So today I went to a (other company) store and waited twenty minutes for a clerk, began the process of getting the phone transferred, and then a different clerk came over to speed up the process. This conversation ensued:
CLERK: So which new phone would you like?
ME (opening flip-phone with full text keyboard) I would like one of these or something like it, but apparently they don’t make them anymore, and so far as I can tell you only have one phone that doesn’t have a goddamn touchscreen.
CLERK: That’s right. So is that the phone you would like?
ME: Unless you’ve got any other phones around that aren’t smart phones, yes.
CLERK: So is that the phone you want?
ME (a little irritated at this point): What I want doesn’t come into it. That is the only phone you have that isn’t a smartphone. I literally have no choice.
CLERK: So is that the phone you want?
ME (now seriously annoyed): YES!!
CLERK: All right, sir. I just wanted to make sure that was the phone you wanted. You don’t have to shout at me.
ME: And you don’t have to not listen to me!
(The first clerk then came over to tell me that they don’t actually HAVE that flip-phone in stock. So I wasted half an hour. Grr.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!