Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #305292

, | Unfiltered | October 7, 2023

I was in an Equestrian shop (place that sells everything relating to horses, feed, riding hats, gear etc), getting a few bits and pieces.

I was holding and comparing bottles of hoof oil, when a woman comes up to me.

[Woman] “Excuse me, do you know where I can find [Item]?”

Initially confused, I quickly realized she was mistaking me for an employee. I was wearing an expensive Equestrian collared t-shirt, alongside what looked like I was stacking a shelf when taken out of context so I couldn’t fully blame this elderly person for her mistake.

However, I coincidently knew exactly what she was looking for, and where it was located in the shop. So rather than tell her “Oh sorry I don’t work here,” I proceeded to bring her over to the item and then give her some information on the item that I knew off-handedly.

She says thanks, but at that moment, she suddenly realized I wasn’t an employee. She looked both grateful for the help, but embarrassed over asking a fellow customer for assistance.

Far from the first time I’ve been mistaken for an employee, though this was the first time I gave someone the correct information to their query.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!