Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #28426

Unfiltered | May 27, 2017

I was 14 years old but look like 9. My computer teacher at school put a cloth over everyone’s hands to practise touch typing. I did this while typing up an assignment in the public library. A stranger pulled the cloth away.

Stranger: What are you doing?

Me: Homework.

She looks over at my screen and I block it because it is not her business.

Stranger: That’s not homework. You’re covering up because you are doing something bad. Why else would you cover the screen and your HANDS?

She chucks my cloth elsewhere.

Me: It is my homework not yours and the cloth is just how we were taught to touch type.

Librarian: Ma’am, please keep your voice down. Sweetie, is she bothing you? Where are your parents?

You have to be 12 to be here alone.

I now see the stranger is looking at my screen again.

Me: Hey!

The librarian turns off the monitor.

Librarian: Ma’am, please just go mind your business.

Stranger: She’s hiding something bad! A child doesn’t mean innocent.

A second librarian has arrived and is escorting her away. I turn back to the first librarian.

Me: I am 14, here alone and I’m only doing homework. That stranger thought I was up to no good because I had that cloth over my hands and it got worse when I covered my screen when she stared at it.

Librarian: I see. Let’s pick up that cloth she threw over there. Ignore that woman. We’ll keep an eye out.

I find out later, she has harrassed others for various reasons.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!