Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #28023

Unfiltered | February 27, 2016

(My mum is the principal of a small school. I am in my mum’s office, doing my own work, along with my best friend – who also works as a teacher here – and is using the photocopy machine. We both graduated from this school, from the same class, 3 years ago. My mum is also in the room, and I am just about to show my best friend a funny video. Suddenly, the door opens and our former classmate, who happens to be my cousin, pops his head in.)

Cousin: *in a very happy voice* Hey [my name], hey [best friend]! Are you guys going tonight?

(I glance at my best friend, who shrugs, and back at him. Neither of us knows what he’s talking about.)

Me: Going where?

Cousin: *still in a very amiable tone* Oh, didn’t you hear? [ex-classmate]’s dad just died. We just got the news.

Me: *in absolute shock* What?!

Cousin: *still with the happy tone* Yea, the wake is tonight. Are you going?

Me: Uhhh…

My mum: Not tonight, we have something on. But we can go tomorrow.

Cousin: *STILL very cheerfully* Oh, okay! I’ll text you the details. See ya, [my name]!

(He walks out and closes the door behind him, a huge smile on his face. There are a few seconds of stunned silence.)

Me: ….well, that was a s*** way of telling us someone passed away. What was he even DOING here?

(Needless to say, the mood in the office dropped dramatically after that. I still have no idea why my cousin was here, since he doesn’t ever come, and how he thought that was the best way to break the news to us.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!