Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #226584

, | Unfiltered | February 26, 2021

(So, I work in a store in Iceland and Iceland is a place where we farm and sell cod liver oil. Cod liver oil has a ton of vitamins and many of them the residents don’t get as much of from nature as in other places. None of this matters too much so basically here’s the deal: TL;DR we sell cod liver oil. that’s all you need to know.)

(Work is slow so I step away from the register to check for items that don’t get put away in the right place. On my run I spot a customer looking rather conflicted at the cod liver oil so I decide to walk up to him.)

Me: Can I help you?

Customer: No I’ve made a decision.

(He then shoves down every single bottle into a basket he has in his arm. Then he casually starts walking towards the registers. Since I’m the closest of the staff I rush to re-open my register and check out his items.)

Me:*A little stranged out by the process of him emptying our store’s supplies of Cod liver oil* “Is that all, sir?”

Customer: “No, actually… Could you tell me if [company that makes CLO] ships to England? Preferrably in barrels.”

Me: “What?”

(After a little pause I gather my thoughts)

Me: “You want barrels of this stuff shipped to England?”

Customer: *As straight faced as they come* “Yes.”

Me: “I don’t even know how to contact them! I mean, you could probably find their number on the internet and try to ask them but it’s really not in my place to say go or no go..”

Customer: “Ah okay! Thanks!”

(Customer pays for the CLO and walks out. I’m still staring at the door waiting for someone to come back in saying “It was all a prank here’s you 10k$” when the next customer walked up.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!