Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #179735

, | Unfiltered | December 11, 2019

Background: I work as a secretary in a small private school. Most of the parents are great people and the kiddos- ah! so adorable!! But we have two mothers who have been harassing my boss…and apparently now me. I like to think of them as the wicked witch of the west and the other the east.

Wicked witch of the east pops into my office right before announcements and in her typical rude tone starts asking for something. The announcements pop on, so it’s my cue to be quiet (we have to be quiet during announcements).

Me *whispering*: whoops! announcements, can I get to you in a second?

WWE *loudly*: WHY DO I HAVE TO BE QUIET!?

Now, I know this lady isn’t a moron, she knows exactly why she has to be quiet! Figuring I’d get her out of my hair ASAP, I grab what I think she was trying to ask for before announcements.

Me *whispering*: I think this is the right thing, you don’t have to wait now.

WWE *escalating*: WELL WHAT DID YOU WANT TO TALK TO ME ABOUT AFTER ANNOUNCEMENTS?!

Obviously, I was thrown off by this- maybe she didn’t hear me right because I was trying to whisper…but for pete’s sake lady, CALM DOWN!!

Me *trying to get her to be quiet*: Oh you don’t have to wait now… *I smile and make a motion that she can go.*

The wicked witch snaps and starts yelling at me- of course, my boss, who is in the next room shouts “KEEP IT DOWN, I’M DOING ANNOUNCEMENTS!” So you think she’d get the hint and fly off on her broom. But now, she keeps up the verbal tirade. I get sick of it and finally should firmly “PLEASE LEAVE!” and THANK GOD she stomps off.

All I can say is, I pray for those poor children!!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!