Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

You’ve Been Framed

| Right | March 26, 2015

(I am a manager of an independent retail store with strict refund/exchange policies.)

Customer: “Hello, I purchased this frame the other day and would like to swap it as it’s the wrong one.”

Me: “Okay, do you have a receipt?”

Customer: “No. I just want to swap it.”

Me: “Okay, well, without a receipt I can’t really exchange it. It’s also not recognised on our till so I don’t know how much it was originally, therefore can’t swap it as I don’t know if it’s equal value.”

Customer: “THIS IS DISGUSTING! You are meant to support local businesses! This is disgusting!”

Me: “I’m sorry; if you have a bank statement perhaps we can do something.”

Customer: “NO, THIS IS DISGUSTING! I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS. YOU KNOW WHAT? I DON’T EVEN WANT YOUR F****** PHOTO-FRAME!”

(The customer proceeded to throw the glass photo-frame across the store at my head. I swerved and avoided being hit with the frame and the customer stormed out of the shop. I stood, shocked by what had just happened. The customer then came back into store and demanded the photo-frame back, shouting that she would be making an official complaint about me!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!