Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

You’re Fired! I Think?

| Working | October 17, 2016

(This is my first job. I am in high school and school is almost out. When I was hired, I told that them that there were a few weeks I could not work due to trips that had been scheduled prior to be me being hired. The manager said this was no problem, and even put the list of weeks I was unavailable up on a bulletin board in the office. I worked a few weeks and am able to take off as needed. As my second trip is drawing to a close, I call my job.)

Me: “Hey, I’ll be back in town on Sunday. Do you need me to work this week?”

Manager: “Um, not sure. Call me when you get back and I’ll get you on the schedule!”

Me: “Great!”

(I return from my trip and call again.)

Manager: “The schedule is full. Check in at the end of this week.”

Me: “Okay…”

(At the end of the week I call again. The same thing happens. The manager says he doesn’t need me, and to call back. The third time I call…)

Coworker: “Oh, [Manager] isn’t here right now. Call back in a few hours.”

(I call back in a few hours.)

Coworker: “Oh, he just stepped out. Call back tomorrow.”

(I can never seem to reach the manager after trying pretty much once or twice a week for a few weeks so I give up. About a week later, I see I have a missed call from the restaurant. I call back.)

New Worker: “Oh, I think I called your number by mistake, sorry. Hey, are you that girl that used to work here?”

(I guess I was fired without ever being notified.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!