Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Walking Out On Them

| Working | November 10, 2014

(About five months ago I fell pretty badly and dislocated my left kneecap. Fast forward, and I have a job interview for a chain of restaurants at the airport. During the interview I mention that I’m still recovering and that walking a lot could mean that the injury never fully recovers. The interviewer (and my current manager) assures me that it’s mostly a standing job. This turns out to be not quite that true as they regularly schedule me for a position where I walk a good ten miles every day. The following conversation went down tonight after closing up:)

Me: “Hey, [Manager], what’s my position tomorrow? Coffee desk again?”

Manager: “Nope, put you on [Walking Position].”

Me: “Again? You already had me there yesterday.”

Manager: “You shouldn’t complain. You’re a young man; you can take it. And it’s not like we always schedule you there.”

Me: “I told you that I prefer not to do it for a very good medical reason. You’ve also scheduled me there seven out of the last ten days, two of them on days where you specifically promised me you wouldn’t. So, yes, ‘again?'”

Manager: “Well, if you’d finally get your cashier’s license I could schedule you there, but since you refuse to, this is the best I can do.”

Me: “I did get the license, but then you accidentally fired me and now I can’t access the company website anymore.”

Manager: “Well, that’s really your problem.”

Me: “If that’s really what you think you can leave me of the schedule for next month.”

Manager: “Oh? Going on an unannounced vacation? That’s going to get you fired some day.”

Me: *blank stare, followed my wordless exit*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!