Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Silver Story Is Pure Gold

| Right | November 27, 2012

(A woman is attempting to return some rusted silverware she brought around five years ago from our store. Since it’s no longer on file and I can’t find any information on it, I call my manager, who happens to be both a former priest, and married.)

Manager: “Okay, ma’am, please understand I can’t return this for its original price as this set is no longer in our system. I can return it for the price of our cheapest on-hand set, though.”

Customer: “No, I want it for the original price. Nothing less. It was about $90.00, I believe.”

Manager: “I am sorry ma’am, but I can’t do that on an item that’s over five years old.”

Customer: “Oh, I think you can.” *she leans over the register and purses her lips* “I’d make it worth your while.”

Manager: “Excuse me?”

Customer: *smiles seductively* “I’m sure I could find some means of compensating you for such a nice favor.”

(My manager stares at the woman for several seconds, then pulls out his wallet.)

Manager: “Ma’am, I’d like you to have a look at this…”

(The manager pulls out his ID that shows he’s been ordained.)

Manager: “Now, I want you to look at this.”

(He pulls out a picture of him with his wife, while holding up the hand his wedding ring is on.)

Manager: “Now, I want you to take your cruddy silverware and leave before I call security.”

Customer: *reels back* “Well, I never! I hope that b**** divorces your a** and takes everything you own, you f***!” *storms out*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!