Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

They’re Pure-Bred Ignorant

| Right | January 26, 2017

(I’m waiting in the lobby at a vet’s office, and I overhear this conversation between another dog’s owner and the receptionist. Note: Maltipoos are a cross between a maltese and a poodle.)

Owner: “I’ve just brought my dog in for a checkup.”

Receptionist: “Oh, she’s so cute!”

Owner: “Isn’t she? She’s a purebred Maltipoo.”

(The receptionist looks like she wants to correct the owner, but at first she says nothing. The owner keeps bragging about her dog and how she wants to get it registered with the American Kennel Club and show it.)

Receptionist: “Er, ma’am, I don’t think the AKC will allow her to be registered. They only accept pure breeds.”

Owner: “But she IS purebred! A purebred maltipoo.”

Receptionist: “Ma’am, maltipoos are mixed breeds. Maltese and poodle. Malti-poo.”

Owner: “Oh, that’s ridiculous. I can’t believe they’d hire someone who knows so little about dogs! She is a PUREBRED. MALTIPOO.”

(At this point the vet comes out front. The maltipoo’s owner storms up to her.)

Owner: “YOU! Tell your idiot secretary that my maltipoo is not some mutt! She’s a purebred!”

Vet: “Ma’am, a maltipoo is by definition a mixed breed. There is no such thing as a purebred maltipoo. They’re a cross between maltese and poodles.”

(The lady screamed in rage, picked up her dog, and ran out of the office.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!