Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Passport Doesn’t Fall Short

| Working | February 19, 2015

(I’m 5’1″ and I don’t like to wear a lot of makeup, so I often get mistaken for being a lot younger then I actually am. A few months after I turned 18 I go on holiday with my parents, and one night we decided to walk through a massive casino in the city. We have no intention of gambling; we just want to look inside. We approach the security guard at the entrance.)

Guard: “No, you can’t come in here.”

(Expecting this to happen, I start digging around my bag for my ID. The guards eyes widen.)

Guard: *looking disbelieved* “You’re 18?!”

Me: “Umm… yes?”

(I pull out my passport and hand it to him. He keeps looking up at me and back down at the photo. The passport is new, and I haven’t made any changes to my hair, etc. since I had the photo done.)

Guard: “What’s your date of birth?”

(I don’t cope well when put on the spot, so I start to panic.)

Me: “It’s umm… [day] of… uh… [month] of… umm… [year].”

(The guard looks down his nose at me. I, however, am not going to leave until I get inside. He takes the look at the photo and then at me a few more times. Because he can’t prove that the ID is fake, he ends up calling a colleague over to ask his opinion. The colleague lets me in almost right away. As we walk inside, I can hear them having an argument.)

Guard: “There was no way that girl was 18!”

Colleague: “Dude, she gave you that ID right in front of her parents. And she could have been 18; it’s not like she’s pre-pubescent or something. And besides, what idiot tries to fake a passport?!”

Guard: “But… but… she was so short!”

Colleague: *face-palm*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!