Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

That Bread Cost A Lot Of Dough

| Right | October 10, 2013

(I work at a pizza place. I take an order over the phone.)

Caller: “I’d like to order two thin crusts.”

Me: “Okay, that will be two thin crust pizzas. What would you like on them?”

Caller: “No, I just want the crusts. Last time I ordered, you people didn’t make it right, so I’m just going to top it myself.”

Me: “So, you want us to cook, and deliver to you, two pieces of bread?”

Caller: “Yes.”

Me: “That shouldn’t be an issue. Let me just make sure it’s okay with my manager.”

(I put the customer on hold. My manager confirms that we can indeed accommodate the customer, but advises me to inform her, that she will be paying the full price of two pizzas, for two cooked pieces of bread.)

Me: “Looks like we can handle that for you, but my manager did want me to make you aware that that we can’t discount the price of the order because it lacks toppings.”

Caller: “That’s just fine.”

Me: “Alright, that will be $21.53. Your bread will be ready for you to pick up in 15 to 20 minutes. Have a nice day!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!