Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Stressing His Point

| Working | January 20, 2015

(I sit next to a coworker who is known for doing unusual and borderline stupid things – but I find him very entertaining and he’s always good for a laugh. The coworker has found a stress ball, and has started ripping it apart.)

Coworker: “Hmm. I wonder what’s inside this.”

(He opens it, to find what appears to be a ball of corn starch.)

Coworker: “Hey, corn starch is non-Newtonian, right? Let’s find out!”

(He grabs a sledgehammer that happens to be lying around, places the stress ball on the ground, and starts whaling on it. I just look at him with astonishment. After about twenty good whacks a cleaning person walks by about five feet from our cubes.)

Cleaning Person’s Radio: “Yeah, we’re getting reports from the second floor of some work being done on the third floor, it sounds like someone’s banging on the floor. Can you take a look?”

(Coworker’s eyes got real big, the hammer dropped to his side and hit the floor, and he started running. I laughed hysterically. When I left, there was still a mark on the carpeting where the ball was pounded into it.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!