Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Sick Of His Uncompromising Attitude

| Learning | January 18, 2016

(I’m taking a voice class from a very strict teacher, who automatically fails any student who misses more than two classes. A few months into the class I get very sick with a severe case of strep throat. It is so bad that my dad has to come and take me home and I am put in the hospital twice. I miss an entire week of classes, including two of the voice classes which are held on Tuesdays and Thursdays. When I return to class, with hospital papers and doctor’s notes in hand, I have this conversation with the teacher.)

Teacher: “Feeling better?”

Me: “Yes, ma’am. Here are all my doctor’s notes.”

Teacher: “Well, it’s a good thing you are feeling better, because I would have failed you if you missed another day.”

Me: “But, I have notes… I was in the hospital.”

Teacher: *not listening* “And lucky for you, you had no previous absences. So you know what this means: you can’t miss any more days this semester, because I will fail you.”

Me: “What if I get sick again?”

Teacher: “I wouldn’t recommend it. Anyway, nice to have you back!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!