Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Should Keep Better Account Of Her Account

| Right | April 1, 2014

(I work in a library that offers computer services to patrons. We get a lot of people who don’t know anything about computers.)

Patron: “Can you help me out? The computer won’t let me check my email.”

Me: “Sure. Let’s see what’s wrong.”

(We walk over to her computer.)

Patron: “Now see, I put in my email address and hit enter and it doesn’t sign me in!”

Me: “Well, first of all, you’re on the Google search engine, not an email site. If you have Gmail, then you click on that little button right there that says ‘Gmail’ and then you can enter your email address and password.”

Patron: “I don’t have Gmail. I have Yahoo!”

Me: “So you’re trying to access your Yahoo email through the Google search bar by typing in your email address and hitting enter?”

Patron: “Yes! It won’t let me on! Fix it!”

Me: “Okay, one second.” *types in Yahoo mail into the address bar* “There. Now put in your email address and password and it will sign you in. You need to be on the Yahoo mail site to access your yahoo mail.”

Patron: “Password? I don’t have a password!”

Related
Should Keep Better Account Of His Account

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!