Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Projecting A Raise

| Working | May 28, 2015

(Our development team has recently gone from five developers down to two. We’ve tried to split the work but most of it has fallen on me since one project takes so much effort to keep up, the other guy can’t work on anything else. We are currently talking to a partner overseas about who needs to come over to work on a joint project.)

Partner: “So… we’d need the guy in charge of [Project #1]. That’s [My Name], right?”

Me: “Yup. Cool I get to travel!”

Partner: “And probably the guy who took over [Project #2].”

Manager: “Okay, sure, that makes sense.”

Partner: “And whoever is in charge of [Project #3] now.”

Manager: “Sure.”

Partner: “And whoever knows how [Entire Product Line] is set up and installed on site as well. That is really important.”

Manager: “Yes, it is! Okay, anything else?”

Partner: “I don’t know… I feel bad… I feel like I’m taking your entire team.”

Manager: “Actually, everything you named is [My Name]…”

Partner: “Oh! Well, [My Name], have any questions?”

Me: “Yeah… This just came to my attention… Can I get a raise?”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!