Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not-So-Smart-Phone, Part 12

| Right | September 9, 2013

(I work in a little bakery. It’s been a quiet evening when a customer’s car comes speeding in to a parking spot outside the front door. She gets out of her car with her cell phone in her out-stretched arm. She looks utterly confused as she enters the store.)

Me: “Hi there!”

Customer: “Yeah, hi.”

(The customer spins in a slow circle and looks around.)

Me: “Can I help you with anything?”

Customer: *looks at her phone* “Yeah, I’m looking for [address of location].”

Me: “You found it!”

Customer: “NO! My phone is saying this is [coffee shop]. This is supposed to be [coffee shop]!”

Me: “Oh, yeah. It used to be over two years ago, but they closed down and we moved in.”

Customer: “NO! My phone is saying that this is the location of the coffee shop. Where is it!?”

Me: “They closed over two years ago—”

Customer: “NO! Phones are not wrong. This is supposed to be [coffee shop]!”

Me: *looks around the bakery, than back to the customer* “Nope, this is [bakery]. Sorry to disappoint you.”

Customer: “I’m sorry; I’m just not understanding.”

(I have no idea how much more clearly I can let this customer know that the coffee shop closed down and she is standing in a bakery.)

Me: I’m sorry, ma’am, but this is [bakery]. There is another coffee shop down the road though.”

Customer: “Okay, I guess I’ll go down the street. But you’re sure there isn’t a coffee shop here?”

Me: “One thousand percent sure. Have a wonderful evening.”

(I watch her leave the store. She sits in her car for 10 minutes playing with her phone. I see violent movements coming from the car, so I call my coworker to the front. We watch while she violently shakes her phone and yells. I hope she finds that coffee shop and gets a decaf!)

 

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!