Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not So Knowing

| Related | June 17, 2015

(My dad and I are at a concert for one of our favorite artists. As the artist is a little off the mainstream, the venue only seats about 50, which we think is fantastic. After the artist plays a song from his new album, a woman stands up.)

Woman: “Hey, [Artist]! Can you play that song about how music changes you? The song called — oh, I can’t think about it. It’s song number seven on [Album].”

(I happen to own that album, and I have a head for that sort of thing, so I quickly mentally count through the tracks in order until I figure out which one is the seventh track, and I shout out the name.)

Me:I Know! I Know!”

Dad: “Don’t just say you know! Tell him the name of the song!”

(My dad jokes around a lot, so I assume he’s kidding. A few of the patrons around me have caught on, and while one or two follow my lead, some of the others decide they don’t want to hear that song and start shouting other requests until the artist starts playing something.)

Dad: *quietly, under the song* “Why didn’t you tell him the name of that song?”

Me: “Wait, what? I thought you were kidding.”

Dad: “Why would you think that?”

Me: “The name of the song is ‘I Know.'”

Dad: “Oh!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!