Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not A Magical Gathering

| Working | April 14, 2016

(My Coworkers and I are incredibly nerdy: at least four of us are working on convention costumes between calls, someone has a tattoo in Elvish, and at least a couple of us are learning to speak it. We also often play Magic: The Gathering or read comics between calls. Five of us are chatting before a meeting…)

Coworker #1: “…which I think is probably pretty popular with a certain amount of World of Warcraft players, heh.”

Coworker #2: “Uh… World of Warcraft? What’s that?”

Coworker #1: “You’ve never heard of World of Warcraft?!”

Coworker #3: “It’s, like, a game or something…?”

Me: “It’s this big online role-playing game.” *Coworker #2 still looks blank* “You may have heard of it as ‘WoW’?”

Coworker #2: “What’s ‘WoW’?”

Me:World of Warcraft! Okay, so, like, you know Dungeons & Dragons, right? It’s kind of like—”

Coworker #2: “What’s Dungeons & Dragons?”

Me: “‘D&D’?! Now you’re messing with me. You don’t know— How can you work here and not know what ‘D&D’ is?!”

Coworker #1: “It’s like this really old board game, isn’t it?”

Coworker #4: “I thought it was a card game?”

Coworker #3: “No, that’s ‘Magic’.”

Me: “What… I just… ALL YOUR NERD CARDS ARE REVOKED! OH, MY GOD!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!