Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

No Longer Music To My Ears

| Learning | December 12, 2015

(I have a habit of wearing headphones and listening to music whenever the teacher allows it, as I find outside noise extremely distracting. I’m in the middle of working on an assignment and am currently listening to music.)

Teacher: “[My Name], turn down the volume a bit.”

(I nod in acknowledgement and lower the volume. I then proceed to take off my headphones with the music still playing so I can confirm that they aren’t producing enough noise to bother anyone. I then put the headphones back on and proceed with the assignment. After a few minutes, however…)

Teacher: “Uh, [My Name], I can still hear your music.”

Me: “Really?!”

Teacher: “Yes, turn it down.”

(I’m very confused by this as I myself, wearing the headphones, could barely hear the music despite having very good hearing. I proceed to turn off the music completely, but I continue wearing the headphones as they help block out some of the noise in the classroom.)

Teacher: “[My Name].” *gestures for me to turn down the volume*

Me: “I’m not listening to music.”

Teacher: “Oh.”

(She never bothered me about the volume again.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!