Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Needs To Clean Up Her Act

| Right | January 6, 2014

(A girl of about 12 starts to examine a table of pajamas that I had just folded a few minutes ago. At first I’m afraid that she’ll make a mess of everything but she does her best at folding the stuff that she unfolded. Soon her friend comes and looks at the pajamas. However, unlike the other girl, she doesn’t fold the stuff again and just throws the stuff she looks at back on the table.)

Girl #1: “I, um, think the employees would like it if you folded the stuff instead of, um, setting it back unfolded.”

Girl #2: “It’s their job. They get paid to do it so it’s not my problem.”

Girl #1: *nervously* “Oh, er, but—”

Girl #2: “Drop it! It’s their job. They should be thankful I’m leaving these unfolded! It gives them a job so they can earn money!”

([Girl #2] proceeds to take a stack of pajamas and throw them onto the table, causing many to fall. I’m about to interject when [Girl #1] speaks.)

Girl #1: “So? Let’s say you have to clean the living room everyday, and your parents pay you for it.”

Girl #2: “But—”

Girl #1: “Shut up and listen! Let’s say you got it SPOTLESS and perfectly clean. And then your brother and his friend play video games for hours in there, spilling their snacks and leaving empty soda cans and wrappers everywhere. You don’t get paid extra to clean up that mess! And it would make you upset that you have to redo all that work! That’s what the employees probably feel like!”

Girl #2: “Whatever, b****.”

([Girl #2] leaves. [Girl #1] one proceeds to start cleaning up the mess.)

Me: “Don’t worry. I’ve got it. Thanks, though.”

Girl #1: “Sorry about her. She’s a jerk.”

Me: “It’s not a problem. I’ve had to pick up messes that are worse than this many times before.”

(Later, I see [Girl #2] talking to her dad.)

Girl #2: “And then she called me a b**** and walked off.”

Dad: “Really? That’s odd for her behavior. I should have known better than to let you guys shop alone.”

(Just then [Girl #1] walks up.)

Girl #1: “My mom will be here to pick me up, so you don’t need to give me a ride home Mr. [Last Name].”

Dad: “Is it true you called [Girl #2] a rude name?”

Girl #1: “What? No!”

Girl #2: *in fake tears* “Yeah. She, she yelled yelled at me, and called me rude names besides b****!”

Dad: “Stop saying that. Now, [Girl #1], I’m telling your mom and we’ll discuss this later.”

Girl #1: “But, I didn’t…”

([Girl #2] is smirking at [Girl #1] between her fake sobs. I step in.)

Me: “Sir, I actually witnessed the event.”

(As I explain the event to the dad, [Girl #1], who is on the verge of tears because of how upset she is, starts to feel better now that she has someone backing her up. [Girl #2] stops faking her tears and stops smirking.)

Dad: “Thanks.” *turns to [Girl #1]* “I’m terribly sorry.” *turns to [Girl #2]* “What’s gotten into you? You’re in deep trouble now!”

(I had to go, but I was happy to know that the younger girl didn’t get in trouble!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!