Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Just Not Feeling Those Fees

| Right | September 2, 2014

(I work in a call center industry in Manila, Philippines. We cater to customers in Europe; most likely in the United Kingdom. We handle an online site where they buy and sell some of their items. Normally, customers are being charged for advertising their items on the site depending on for how much they sold their item.)

Me: “Thank you for calling [Online Site] customer support. You’re speaking with [My Name]. How can I help you today?

Customer: *mad and loud voice* “Why the f*** am I being charged for listing my car on your website, when it says you have free listings today?”

Me: “I do apologise for the inconvenience and misunderstanding regarding on the information you saw. Let me check what happened.”

(I place the customer’s call on hold, and check on his listing.)

Me: “Thank you for patiently waiting, [Customer]. Upon checking on your ad, you placed your car on sale in our site, and if you tried reading our notification before you place your advertisement online, it will show you how much you’ll be charged once the car was sold.”

Customer: “What the f*** are you talking about? You said it was free listing day, I don’t understand. You f***ing mislead customers!”

Me: “[Customer], let me walk you through in listing your items and I’ll show you the note at the bottom before you list your item online.”

Customer: “Sure! I bet you’re f****** stupid and don’t know what you’re talking about. Go on and walk me through.”

(As I walk him through, I show him where he can see the fees.)

Me: “Now look at the bottom part of the page before clicking the button ‘save’ to advertise your item online; you’ll see that [Our Site] is excluded during Free Listing Days.”

Customer: “Oh!” *seems ashamed, but still keeps shouting* “You should make that note larger! And you should know that the reason why I’m selling my car is that I don’t have any money! You stupid piece of s***! How can I have money if you’re going to charge me for this, huh?”

Me: *still calm* “[Customer], I understand that you’d like to have the money in a whole amount. However, like what you saw when I walked you through, you will be charged no matter what happens.”

Customer: *still shouting* “I won’t pay your d*** fees! I want to speak with your manager! You’re an idiot and I don’t wanna talk to you!”

Me: “All right. Let me place your call on hold for a couple of minutes while I transfer you to my manager.”

(I talk to my manager/supervisor and tell him what has happened. Then he takes the call)

Manager: “Thank you for patiently waiting, [Customer]. My representative told me that you’re having concerns with your listing fees and he already explained what had happened. Is that correct? Can you explain more what happened?”

Customer: *explains his issues for more than 10 minutes, over and over again*

Manager: “I do apologise [Customer], but we only follow protocols that were given to us. And everything was clear that you will be charged for listing your call no matter what happens.”

Customer: “Well, f*** you! F*** your rules! I will not pay you!”

Manager: “If that’s the case, our collections department will be the one who’ll get in touch with you.”

Customer: “F*** you! I’ll sue you! I’ll go to your place and kill you!” *click*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!