Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

He Will Never Hear The End Of This

| Romantic | February 16, 2014

(My boyfriend and I have only been together a few months. I have some pretty sensitive ears. One night I have a movie playing in the living room and on my laptop when I keep hearing a noise. I turn down the movie a bit and listen, and hear what sounds like dripping.)

Me: “Hmm…” *tilting my head from side-to-side while looking around*

Boyfriend: “What are you doing?”

Me: “I hear… dripping… but I can’t seem to figure out where it is coming from. Can’t you hear it?”

Boyfriend: “Ooookay. I don’t hear anything, you crazy woman.”

(I continue moving around the apartment tilting my head trying to find the source but unable to really find it. Finally I press my ear to the wall in the bedroom.)

Me: *suddenly jumping and pointing at the wall* “The wall! There is water dripping in the WALL!”

Boyfriend: *turns from his computer to stare at me* “Are you seriously trying to tell me, that you heard water dripping, in the wall, while watching a movie and doing things on your computer?”

Me: “It’s not my fault my ears are sensitive.”

Boyfriend: “You’re imagining things. Let it go!” *turns back to his computer*

(Fuming from him dismissing me, I stomp to the bathroom before squeaking in surprise at stepping on the floor and soaking my sock. I look up to find water filling the bathroom light and rivulets of water streaming down the wall and door jam.)

Me: “[Boyfriend]! Get the maintenance number, quick! There is water coming from the ceiling!”

Boyfriend: *sighing, exasperated* “I told you to let it go!” *comes over and stops dead seeing the water filling the light* “Right! Maintenance number!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!