Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Good Nature Has Bowed Out

| Right | December 19, 2014

(I have a seasonal job over the Christmas holidays at a store that sells decorations. The store normally has pretty cheap items for sale but at the time there was a promotion where all Christmas items were half off. However there was a policy where if an item was missing parts or damaged it couldn’t be discounted at the till, it had to have a special sticker put on it by a floor worker. A woman comes up to my till with just a set of what’s supposed to be 2 bows but only has one.)

Customer: “Hey I really like this set of bows but it’s only got one even though it’s supposed to be a set of two. Can I get a discount?”

Me: “No, sorry. It has to be marked down as damaged while on the floor. But with the Christmas discount it’s only $2.”

Customer: “But there’s only one! It should be discounted even further.”

Me: “Well, is there another set of those? That way you can get two bows like you’re supposed to.”

Customer: “No, this was the only one I saw. Why can’t you just discount it?”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, but I don’t have that ability.”

Customer: *scoffs* “This is absolutely ridiculous. Fine, I’ll just leave it.”

(She handed me the rest of her items and I rang them up. After I finished bagging them up and handed them to her, she grabbed the bow and hurried out before I could stop her. I told my manager about it but she was already long gone. The kicker? The next day I saw several of the exact same set of bows that were a complete set!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!