Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Getting All Hancocked Over A Benjamin

| Right | October 30, 2013

(I am ringing up a customer. After I tell him his total, he decides to continue shopping. He tries to hand me a $100 bill, but I tell him to hold on to it until he’s done shopping. I watch him shove it in his pocket. A few minutes later, he comes back with a second item.)

Me: “Your total today is $32.44.”

(The customer grabs the bag and begins to walk away.)

Me: “Sir, you still need to pay for your purchase. It’s $32.44.”

Customer: “I already gave you $100!”

Me: “No, I asked you to hold on to your money until you finished shopping.”

Customer: “Nu-uh, you put it in the register.”

Me: “Sir, it’s in your right pants pocket.”

(He reaches in, pulls out the bill, and hastily shoves it back in his pocket.)

Customer: “I saw you take it! Hey everyone! This b**** stole my money!”

Me: “Sir, I assure you that your money is in your pocket.”

Customer: “Nah, f*** you, b****! Give me back my money!”

(He then comes over the counter at me as I’m dialing security. I give him my ‘don’t mess with me’ glare and he backs off, but moves on to threatening the other customers, saying they were all on it and that one of them has his money. Security finally arrives and escorts him out, banning him from the premises.)

 

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!